Sunday, March 2, 2008

Contract Review

I guess I also have to write something here about my job. While wedding preparations and blogging have always been on the surface lately, I also have a job to give attention to.

Tonight, I have to finish reviewing a contract of lease that a client will enter into. Contract review is more than finding the grammatical errors in a contract. You actually have to look into every provision to find out if the same is in accordance with law. You have to see to it that your client will not be in a disadvantaged position. You may even insert new provisions if that would mean giving more protection to your client.

Contract review, however, is just a part of my tasks. It actually just comes as an add-on. If I were a wedding supplier, contract review would only be one of the freebies. :) Well, got to start working now.

No comments: